Saturday, August 13

NomNom Adventure - Mee Goreng

Name: Hazel Tan Mee Goreng (aka Fried Noodles)
Location: Any Prata shop
No food can be sweeter than my girlfriend <3

The noodles are red not because they use goat's blood saved during sacrifices. It is noodles cooked with tomato sauce. So generally it has a sweet taste. I'm surprised to find myself ordering this dish time after time even though i don't have a sweet tooth and would choose 'Salty' over 'Sweet' anytime. Maybe cause i like the colour red?

Mee Goreng comes in many interesting combinations too. My indian friend taught me (but i forgot -_-) that if you wanted an additional egg, the direct translation would be 'Mee Goreng Sunshine'. Really brightens up my day.

Bee Hoon Goreng, Maggi Goreng... They should have a 'Mee Kia' and 'Mee Pok' Goreng too. But that leads me to the nxt point - NEVER order Mee Goreng from a Chinese stall. It's the taste of kitchen disaster. They cook it like any other noodle dish (eg. Hor Fun), with all their additional seafood and meat, which totally trashes how Mee Goreng should taste.

If I were to do a direct Malay-English Translation word for word. Mee = Noodles. Goreng = Fried. Hence, shouldn't it be called Noodles Fried? I guess that's why they do things really oddly most of the times.

P.S.: Remember to order a cup of teh tarik!

No comments:

Post a Comment