Monday, August 15

NomNom Adventure - Hotel Reception

This is NOT a food blog. I'm not a critic. I'm just a Singaporean who appreciates the crazy amount of food we have here, and I'm documenting them for my own visual consumption when my tummy is rumbling in Aberdeen, while all i know how to cook is Porridge and Pre-mixes.

Went to my cousin's university's welcome ceremony. She's the pioneer batch of chefs in the Singapore Institute of Technology. Quite impressive number of new batch of students, probably close to 300 polytechnic students? I loved it how they emphasized that they are in for sleepless nights and crazy workload. Because it is university. Oh Singapore, please dun dilute the joy of education!

Most important, was the Hotel's high-tea after the event. It as a jaw-dropping $55/head. Endless flow of a wide variety of food!
Finger food section - I just spammed the Sushi
Hot food. Just avoid it, the carbohydrates waste space.
Omg. Desert TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM.
So these 3 main tables, multiply by 5! That's the amount of food they had! I shouldn't have eaten lunch.
And of course, being a typical Singaporean, we wrapped some muffins into the handbag :) One day i shall try walking into one of this conventions/occasions without an invitation. All the food seem so wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment